Infiniti was founded in 1989 by Bill Bruce as a division of the popular Japanese brand Nissan. These vehicles were designed and manufactured with the driver in mind to give them the most luxurious, comforting drive with a powerful engine. Infinitis may experience issues resulting in expensive repairs, but experts have come together to help you learn how to avoid expensive repairs in your Infiniti Q70 from happening.
How to Avoid Expensive Repairs in Infiniti
Many people choose Infiniti models because they get the comfort of a luxury automobile as well as the speed and engine performance of a sports car. With this high engine performance, drivers have the tendency to want to “put the pedal to the metal” and drive their vehicle hard. While this is occasionally okay to do, doing so while failing to maintain the recommended factory maintenance schedule can result in the need for significant, expensive repairs.
Manufacturer Recommended Service Intervals to Avoid Expensive Repairs
One of the most important things we can do for our bodies is to nourish them with healthy foods and exercise at least a few times per week. Similar to the health we wish for our body, we should wish the same health for our Infiniti Q70 by continually maintaining all aspects of the vehicle.
- Engine oil and filter: Modern, synthetic engine oil is a mixture of oil and additives to promote the health of the engine and is designed to keep all moving parts of the engine lubricated, cool and clean, and reduce the amount of friction to protect the engine. Experts recommend having the oil drained from your Infiniti Q70 and fully replaced, as well as replacing the oil filter, every 5,000
- Cabin air filter: The cabin air filter, often referred to as an in-cabin microfilter, is responsible for removing harmful irritants such as pollen and dust from the air that circulates through the vehicle. Air must flow through the cabin air filter before it is let out through the air vents to allow warm or cool air into the cabin to allow for a comfortable ride. These specific filters should be replaced every 15,000 miles or 18 months, whichever comes first.
- Air filter: An air filter, similar to the cabin air filter, is designed to remove contaminants like leaves, dust, dirt, or debris from entering unwanted parts of your vehicle, specifically the engine. When these particles enter the engine, it is unable to function appropriately and results in damage. The air filter should be replaced approximately every 30,000 miles unless you begin experiencing problems sooner.
- Coolant: The main function of coolant is to pull heat away from the engine to prevent engine overheating and prevent engine damage by keeping it cool. When the coolant level becomes low, you will begin to notice problems with the engine performance as the engine begins overheating more and more. When the engine of an Infiniti overheats, it is often shut off automatically, leaving you stranded where you stop until the engine has cooled to a safe temperature. Coolant is designed to last a while, and it should only need to be replaced every 7 years or so. However, if you experience engine overheating, it is important that you have an expert run diagnostic testing as soon as possible.
- Brake fluid: Brake fluid is a hydraulic fluid designed to help your vehicle come to a stop as you put pressure on the brake pedal. Low brake fluid can create extreme dangers. Therefore, it is important that you continually maintain this fluid and change it every 20,000 miles or 24 months, whichever comes first.
Professional Automotive is here for you
Professional Automotive, founded in 1994, quickly grew to become Marlborough, MA’s number one automotive shop. As a dealer alternative, our team of auto experts has been serving the drivers of Asian, Domestic, and European automotive drivers in Marlborough and surrounding areas for decades with absolute customer satisfaction.
We pride ourselves in providing unmatched customer service, which is why we happily provide a loaner vehicle from our fleet to those who have their vehicle in our service and repair facility. In addition, our work is backed by a 2-year/24,000-mile warranty. Give us a call today for all of your automotive needs!
* Infiniti Q70 image credit goes to: xieyuliang.